Wednesday, July 20, 2011

REVIEW TIME!! Max Force "Terrornator" by Jakks Pacific

Ok, you all have probably heard about the new line of guns, by now, but have you had a chance to see one? They are very nice and sturdy, not sloppy like a lot of the lower priced brands.

So you want to know more about it, eh? I'll do my best to convey in words my thoughts on these new takes on the "tagger" gun concept. This particular model is called the "Terrornator". It's a cool name, that Strong Bad would be proud of. :)

First, a word from our sponsor :)

"If you think back, first there was Laser Tag, then there was Nerf and now there is MAX FORCE. Safer than Airsoft BB’s and cooler than foam dart shooters, Max Force is going to be one of the hottest, most innovative new products this Summer! It is a line of fun, irreverent toy shooters that delivers high performance in a safe way.

Max Force™ from JAKKS Pacific is the newest line of specialized high performance, toy shooters that deliver maximum distance, maximum accuracy and maximum tagging - for both indoor and outdoor play! Max Force delivers innovation in the toy shooter aisle – it fires special patent pending paper pellets that can accurately reach targets up to 100 feet away! The extreme accuracy of the Max Force line allows you to tag your target with a variety of items specially designed for any combat scenario. As a BONUS - Ammo wipes off easily and is even biodegradable!

Remember shooting spitballs as a kid? What would YOU have done with a toy shooter that blasts out paper spitballs with high accuracy?! The possibilities are endless, the distance is unrivaled, and the fact that you can actually SEE the precision of your shot is amazing."

Yep, when I got the email I almost deleted it when I saw what looked like a canned promo. Luckily the promo interested me so I read on. I then got a bit excited when the sender asked if I would be interested in reviewing one of the guns...and I got to have a gun. Yes. I would like that kinda a lot.

So I got the gun the other day and had to wait a bit for some sun to shine for the photos. The photos below are ones I took, if you didn't recognize the gravel pattern from other gun photos ;)

So the gun comes with:
  • Some sporty glasses. Wear em or something else. I'll explain later.
  • A huge honkin gun with a detachable stock.
  • A belt to hold de bullets.
  • A functional scope. No glass, but because the gun is pretty accurate, it's helpful.
  • 100 pellet bullets
  • Holder for said bullets
I don't know the price-point, but it's a pretty good bundle. I think I'm going to end up with a lot of glasses laying about the shop.. Not sure how much the ammo is, but I can tell you it's not reuseable. Hopefully they're affordable. Hopefully they make different colors like paintballs so you can see who shot whom.

The gun itself is about 2 1/2 feet long by my scientific estimations (I forgot to measure it..) It's similar to a Longshot from the other guys, but it's more slender and tactical feeling. I mentioned earlier, it's sturdy and the plastic looks good. I wonder if it will hold paint well..hmm. ;)

Here's a photo for ya:
Photobucket

Purdy, eh? The other guns in the line look even better. I like it and think it will look pretty cool once I have some paint on it. It'll pop up on the site eventually, promise!

So how does it shoot? Well, first of all let's discuss the ammo itself. They're compressed paper and when you load the ammo, you do it dry. Once it's in the belt, you then dunk it in water for 10 seconds to absorb the H2O into the pellets. This also creates a nice seal. So now you know what you're shooting and you know why these are not going back into the holder. They're giant spitballs, people!! WIN!

The gun shoots very smoothly and there is no trigger to pull. the pellet is shot as you pump the gun and because its so smooth, you can shoot them pretty fast. Reloads, not so fast, but you have a lot of rounds and Im sure they will sell the belts seperately. Distances were pretty accurate at 100 feet. I will say it's equal to a lot of modified tagger dart guns out there and this thing will not break every round or blow a seal. :)

Other photo!
Photobucket
So that's all I have to say about the gun, I hope you get a chance to check them out in the stores. I'm certain they will be a big hit.

Brian

Go here for more official infoz:

www.facebook.com/jakkspacifictoys

www.twitter.com/jakkstoys

http://youtu.be/C9lwvQmOFSM - promo video! Man that looks like the 80's ;)





2 comments:

  1. Indeed! I saw the other guns at TRU a few days ago. The sub compact gun looks really cool and the sniper rifle is insane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. got one lasted 280 roumds now pumping action stuffed when you pull it at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete